PAD 510 STRAYERS
Assignment 2 Analyzing the Policy
This is a continuation of the first assignment. Choose one (1) of the two (2) policies that you used in Assignment 1 and continue your research and analysis for Assignment 2.
Submit your Assignment 1 revision based on your professor’s feedback. Then, write a 45 page paper in which you
- Write a one page summary of the policy, including the purpose, the context of the problem, and any recommendations or suggestions from the policy to address the problem. (Use your summary skills to keep this to one page.)
- Explain who all the players are – official and unofficial, and interest groups – involved with your policy.
- Describe the role and function of each of the players you identified.
- Of the list of players you identified, pick two (2) and describe the political influence of each player, explaining motives, conflicts, interrelationships, and impacts on the policy.
- Use three to four (34) credible sources to support your points.
Note The Assignment 1 revisions must flow together with Assignment 2 as one seamless paper.
Your assignment must
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with oneinch margins on all sides; references must follow APA or schoolspecific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the tile of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required page length. The assignment one revisions are not included in the page length requirements.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are
- Understand how relationships between participants in the policy process (including official and nonofficial actors) influence the policy process.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues and in politics, policy, and ethics in the public sector.
- Write clearly and concisely about policy for issues in politics, policy, and ethics in the public sector using proper writing mechanics.